Protect your investment: It is your responsibility to back up your tips database! You must back up the database file named STIP_BE.MDB.
Keep in mind that Windows, by default, hides folders such as the ProgramData folder in Windows 7 and newer. If you cannot see the ProgramData folder then you may need to choose the option in Windows Explorer to View Hidden Items.
By default, Windows hides file extensions such as .MDB. If you cannot see the file extensions (i.e. you see one or more files named STIP_BE, but do not see STIP_BE.MDB) then you may need to choose the option in Windows Explorer to View File Name Extensions.
The location of the database file named STIP_BE.MDB depends on your Windows operating system. Here is where to find the database file named STIP_BE.MDB:
- Windows 7/8/10: C:\ProgramData\ServiceSoftware\WinSTIPS
- Windows Vista: C:\ProgramData\ServiceSoftware\WinSTIPS
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ServiceSoftware\WinSTIPS
- Windows 98: C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\ServiceSoftware\WinSTIPS
- Very, very old versions of WinSTIPS: C:\Program Files\ServiceSoftware\WinSTIPS